The Mortgage Corner with Greenstate Credit Union - 5 Factors that Determine Your Credit Score
When it comes to buying a home, your mortgage is an integral step in the process. Your credit score has a direct impact on the interest rate you can obtain, which then determines your monthly payment. Are you curious what impacts your credit score?
There are 5 categories that make up your score, with some weighted more heavily than others.
1. Payment History: Your account payment information, including delinquencies and public records
2. Credit Usage: How much you own on your accounts
3. Credit Age: How long your credit accounts have been established
4. Account Mix: What types of credit accounts do you have, such as revolving and installment debt
5. Inquiries: The number of recently opened credit accounts and credit inquiries