First or fifth home we have all resources here when buying a home.
The Home Everyone Wants & Needs in Cedar Falls - 2715 Falcon Lane
5 Bedrooms | 3.5 Bathrooms | 3,586 Square Feet | 3 Stall Garage | $449,900
Listed by Ann Lyons, 319.269.1384
Nestled in the highly sought area Ridges subdivision, this two-story home is the perfect fit! The open-concept living space is what everyone wants and needs. This living room is the best place to cuddle up on the couch next to the gas fireplace with a good book or your current Netflix favorite. The kitchen has hardwood floors accented by beautiful cabinetry, granite countertops, and stainless steel appliances. Enjoy quick snacks at the island, weekly dinners in the dining area, and hosting holidays in the formal dining room. Tucked behind the kitchen are a dropzone and…
The Homebuyer Checklist: Everything From Choosing Your Agent to Closing
When it comes to buying a home it can be easy to get overwhelmed. We are here to help! Today we put together a checklist for all homebuyers. This is an eight-step checklist that covers everything from choosing your agent to closing on your home!
- Meet with a Realtor - You'll decide what type of home you're looking for, including the style, price range, neighborhood, and more.
- Get Pre-Approved - Your Oakridge agent can assist in getting you connected with a local lender. Getting pre-approved will determine what your price range is on the home you can afford.
- Look a Properties - The fun part! You will view properties that match your search criteria. Be sure to take
Got a few questions about buying a house? No worries, we got you! Here are frequently asked questions our team receives from buyers.
1. What is a purchase agreement?
A purchase agreement is a written contract between the buyer and the seller. It lays out the terms and conditions both parties agree to and serves as a legally binding contract.
2. Do I pay my REALTOR® as a buyer?
Typically the seller pays the agent’s commission to the broker for the listing agent and buyer’s agent. However, a buyer may be asked to pay a commission if the seller is unrepresented.
3. How long does it take to purchase a home?
The length of time differs for each buyer. However, once your offer is accepted, you can expect a closing time of 30-60…
This week we asked our Oakridge agents what are some common first-time homebuyer mistakes they see when working with first-time homebuyers. Here is what they had to say and some helpful tips if you are a first-time homebuyer!
1. Not Being Pre-Approved Before Looking
Is pre-approval really that important before we start looking at homes? YES! Even if you are just "looking for fun" you never know how quickly a home you want could pop up! Without a pre-approval letter from the bank, you will not be able to put an offer in. This is step 1 of looking for a home and very important. Your pre-approval will help determine your budget and what your can afford.
2. Unclear Expectations and Wants
Do you know what you want in a home? Having clear…